The major consumption of titanium dioxide in the paint industry as pigment and also the material in ceramics, plastics, paper and electronics applications. This material consumption in developed countries against developing countries is approximately 10%.
Only about 5% of annual global production of titanium metal and titanium spent the remaining 95% used in the production of titanium dioxide color. This material is dimorphic allotrope of rutile and anatase by white, refractive index high (49 / 2- 90/2), high brightness, ineffective (neutrality) and its wear resistance and high temperature, high refractoriness and the high degree of uniformity in the distribution and dissemination of other compounds as the main raw material in white in the paint industry, paper, plastic, rubber and … known.
Titanium dioxide (rutile) from which peroxide Titan, salicylate Titan and Titan Tanat provide practical, such as zinc oxide on the skin produces.
Titanium dioxide is used to heal skin irritation and reflect the sun’s ultraviolet rays, and therefore in the sunscreen creams and lotions (anti-burn) is used.
Titanium dioxide powder in the manufacture of pharmaceutical capsules and coated tablets frames are used.
Titanium dioxide is also used in the production of synthetic fibers. Pure titanium dioxide powder is used as a pigment in food products.
Titanium dioxide in creams (lotions) used in sunscreens due to its ability to protect the skin.
Pigment titanium dioxide, a white top with a refractive index of 55 / 2- 8/2, the resistance, brightness, chemical stability and resistance to ultraviolet rays, non-toxic and stable in a wide temperature range and its affordable price makes the in the paper, paint, plastic, rubber, ceramics, textiles and cosmetics. There are two types of rutile and anatase-rutile pigment. Dense crystalline anatase to rutile from network has been established and is denser and has a higher refractive index.
Pigments used must be in the path sulfate (rutile and synthetic rutile can not be used) and a ratio of FeO / Fe2O3 higher (reactive sulfuric acid), iron, chromium, vanadium, niobium, calcium, phosphate, uranium, thorium and rhenium is low. The physical properties of almost not important.